SNOW,SNOW,SNOW and even more SNOW
What can we do to keep warm AND our bills down during this unprecedented cold snap. Well first of all we have to keep warm by;
- Keeping your curtains closed unless the sun is shining in. (Did you know that opening your curtain when the sun shine heats your home)
- Tuck any curtains that are above radiators behind them. This allows the heat to flow into the room and not up onto the window itself.
- Remember to cover any draughts. Put a sausage pillow at the bottom of your doors or better still hang a curtain to cover the whole door.
- Keep radiators clear of clothes and furniture. This allows the heat to circulate around the room.
- If you’ve got an unused open fire, put a screen in the opening to stop the draughts. Remember that an old large piece of cardboard that can be cut to the size of the opening will do. (Its not pretty but will do the job and save on your fuel bills)
- Close all internal doors to keep the heat in the rooms you need heated and if you can, keep the unused rooms heated on a very low setting, (this is to stop condensation developing)
- Cover pans when you’re making dinner. (This helps stops condensation and the pan reaches temperature quicker)
- And then there’s the old faithful tip that we often forget, put lots of warm layers on.
Remember we still need ventilation for fumes that build up so don’t cover any vents!
These are some simple things we can do to reduce our fuel bills and be more efficient but for more permanent solutions contact our office and we’ll come out and advise you on more ways of reducing your bills and staying warm!